Monday, May 22, 2017

I am glad God never takes a break. Otherwise I would be a mess!

Friday morning my mom, Mr. Kay, and I went to pick up just a few prom dresses from Lincoln Ministries for next year.  When we got back to church with our van literally crammed with dresses, there was a lady and two daughters waiting for us.

Huffing and puffing with our allergies working over time, we ran up and down the stairs unloading the dresses and helping our newest customers find their princess dresses.   Then the mom said “what a blessing this place is” and it stopped me in my tracks.

I know I have heard that before but what makes today different?  You see we are all dealing with times in life that leaves us tired and out of breath.  But God breathes life into us.

"Let all that you do be done in love" 1 Corinthians 16:14


As I talked to the lady I found she has 16 kids!  Well, not literally.  Her kids are grown but she has taken these kids on as her project - to do things for them as she can.  Talk about exhausting!

- Aileen



No comments:

Post a Comment