Friday, March 3, 2017

I Will Never Look at a Power Outlet the Same Way Again

I must confess that last Saturday I was worn out.  After fitting dresses for so many girls I was hungry, tired, and ready to go home.  Worse yet, we still had a planning meeting to do!
At closing time the worst case scenario happened - a family came in to find a dress.  I must admit that I lost my cool at that point.   How would we start our meeting on time?  I need food!
I stepped into a side room to cool down when my eyes locked on a lowly power outlet.  God spoke to me through that power outlet at that very moment.  As I stared at the power outlet it became very clear to me who truly has the power.  I see now that God gave us a task to do but he didn’t give us the power over it.  The Prom Closet is under his power and belongs to him.
As I walked out of the room I saw power outlets everywhere!  Where are they when I need them?
It was at that moment that the last girl walked out of the fitting room in her new pink Princess dress and her mom exclaimed “You look like a princess!”
You should have seen the look on that young girl’s face.  I don’t know if it was the first time she had ever heard those words but it sure did seem like it.
As she admired herself in the mirror with the biggest grin plastered across her face I was reminded of who truly has the power.  I was reminded then and there that He changes lives every day through our works and we are just blessed to be able to see it.

It is more than a dress.  God made that little girl feel very special that day.  And worse, I almost missed it...

- Aileen


No comments:

Post a Comment