Monday, March 4, 2019

I think that is the dress. What do you think?


Hi everyone!

It has been an awesome season so far and God is just getting started!

Have you ever listened to our "prom song?"  Check out "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman.
I bet you didn't know we had a “song” did you?!
“She says he's a nice guy and I'd be impressed
She wants to know if I approve of her dress
She says,
"Dad, the prom is just one week away
And I need to practice my dancing
Oh, please, Daddy, please?"
In our nine years of service, moms have always been a huge part of daughters picking out a prom dress but there is something special when dads come and approve the dress!

As you know, dads are not allowed in the dressing room area so they patiently wait out in the hallway… waiting and waiting… (on the average it takes about an hour to find the perfect dress!) 

Recently one such father-daughter couple visited the Prom Closet.  After each one she tried on, the daughter said "I like this dress, but I need my dad to approve"

Everything that sweet girl tried on looked amazing but with each one she would say "I need my dad to approve."

Every time she showed off her newest find dad would look at his little girl and say "You look beautiful." 


You should have seen her face beam with delight! 

As she went back to the dressing room to try on “THE dress” I could tell that she couldn't wait to get in it.  After putting the dress on she came out of the dressing room with a huge smile and twirled in it!

"I think dad will approve" she said and wasted no time showing him. 

"I think that is the dress.  What do you think?" he asked.

Her smile said it all! Cinderella had found her dress.  Now all she has to do is practice her dancing.  Dad are you ready? 

"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! and that is what we are!.." 1 John 3:1
Love & Blessings,
Aileen

No comments:

Post a Comment